Information Center
Flight operational services for Japan
For smooth operations for your flight to Japan, you must ensure that all your flight support requirements are taken care of. Obtaining permits on time, efficient ground handling services, and effective trip-planning are factors that contributes to a successful and punctual flight.
Overflight Permit Japan
Documents required for overflight permit in Japan for AD-HOC, commercial, and private flights Overflight permit is not required in Japan. You need to put ICAO FPL to the concerned FIR.
Lead time to obtain the overflight permit for Japan N/A
Short notice overflight permit for Japan N/A
Validity of overflight permit in Japan N/A
Landing Permit Japan
Documents required for landing permit in Japan for AD-HOC, commercial, and private flights Complete flight details and aircraft documents, Letter of Attorney for appointing agent in Japan, Copy of ICAO FPL, Pilot’s documents (including license, type rating, language proficiency, medical assessment) and TCAS.
For flights from USA to HND you need to submit Notice of consistency too.
Lead time to obtain the landing permit forJapan 240 hours for ADHOC flights. 72 hours for private flights.
Short notice landing permit for Japan Can be arranged at an additional cost.
Validity of landing permit in Japan Only valid for the schedule which is mentioned in the application. Re-application is required as per the revised schedule.
airplan iJET
Additional information for overflight permit and landing permit for Japan:
  • All airports require PPR.
Flight iJET
When planning for your trip to Japan, there are few factors you need to consider:
Flight Management and Trip planning for Japan
Weekend Official weekend in Japan is Saturday- Sunday.
Visa Requirements in Japan • Crew do not usually require visa and only need their crew ID. But immigration rules, do not consider crew of general aviation aircraft as having flight crew status. It is best to check it with our operations specialist to confirm the visa requirement for your crew.
• For passengers-
- 68 countries are exempted from the need for a visa, and their nationals can travel to Japan without one.
- Countries of the European Union and North America (including Mexico) can travel in Japan for 90 days without any paperwork.
- Citizens of Indonesia, Brunei, and Thailand are allowed a 15-day visa-free travel in Japan; while citizens of United Arab Emirates are allowed 30 days.
- Passengers from other nations must obtain a visa prior to their arrival in Japan.
Airport Slots Most of the airports in Japan are not slot coordinated. It is very difficult to get airport slots, partner with iJET to get airports slots hassle-free.
In-Flight Catering Service Inflight catering can be arranged from inflight caterers as well as reputed hotels and restaurants in the city.
bell iJET
Kindly note:

For more information on in-flight catering, security at the airport, ground handling services, and other operational flight requirements click here to talk to our operations agent.

Back to Japan
Send Inquiry
Kindly fill the form to let us know about all your ground handling and flight requirements for your next trip to .

    Find out more on global airports operation and latest aviation news and events