|Overflight Permit United States|
|Documents required for overflight permit in United States for AD-HOC, commercial, and private flights|| • Overflight permit exemption from CBP|
• TSA Waiver required for foreign aircraft.
|Lead time to obtain the overflight permit for United States||Flight Plan is enough however you need Overfly Exemption Letter from CBP|
|Short notice overflight permit for United States||N/A|
|Validity of overflight permit in United States||24 hours|
|Landing Permit United States|
|Documents required for landing permit in United States for AD-HOC, commercial, and private flights|| Notification of arrival must include: |
• Type of aircraft and registration number.
• Name of aircraft commander.
• Number of alien passengers.
• Number of U.S. citizen passengers.
• Place of last foreign departure.
• Estimated time and location of crossing U.S. border/coastline.
• Name of intended U.S. airport of first landing (designated airport).
• Estimated time of arrival.
*Customs Form 178 must be filled out for all private aircraft arrivals.
|Lead time to obtain the landing permit forUnited States||05 working days|
|Short notice landing permit for United States||N/A|
|Validity of landing permit in United States||24 hours|
• When landing in the USA, inform the customs at least 1 hour prior to your ETA.
• When departing from the USA, no more than 23 hours from your arrival, you have to officially inform customs at your entry point of intention.
• Navigation charges are applicable for aircraft flying through US airspace but not for the ones landing in the US.
|Flight Management and Trip planning for United States|
|Weekend||The official weekend in the USA is Saturday-Sunday|
|Visa Requirements in United States|| For crew:|
• Crew require a visa for VISA
• Passengers require a visa unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries.
• US visa can be tricky, it is always advisable to apply well in advance
|Airport Slots|| • Only a few Airports are slot coordinated. Such as ORD/ KORD, LAX/ KLAX, EWR/ KEWR, JFK/ KJFK, MCO/ KMCO,SFO/ KSFO, SEA/ KSEA.|
• Departure and arrival slots are rarely imposed in the U.S. For majority of the airports, you simply have to file the flight plan.
|In-Flight Catering Service|| Major in-flight caterers in the USA include:|
• Abby's Catering
• Air Fayre Ltd
• Executive Inflight Catering
• Flying Food Group
• Gourmet Inflight Catering Inc
In-flight catering can also be arranged from reputed hotels and restaurants.
For more information on in-flight catering, security at the airport, ground handling services, and other operational flight requirements click here to talk to our operations agent.